Bonus recipe! I made this dinner in about fifteen minutes and it was so pretty and tasty I had to post it.
* 3 ounces crab stick (or real crab, if you like)
* 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil
* 2 teaspoons chili powder (I used hot paprika, but pick your favorite)
* 1 cup (rice-cooker sized cup) sushi rice
* 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
* 1 teaspoon hot paprika
* 4 or 5 Baby Bella mushrooms
* 1 handful fresh spinach (slightly wilted is fine)
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* 1 tablespoon peanut oil
* 1 teaspoon soy sauce
* 5 drops hot sesame oil
Mix the mayonnaise, hot sesame oil, and chili powder together. Mince up the crab and mix it in. Refrigerate until you're too hungry to wait any more (overnight is best, but it doesn't matter too much).
Put the rice in the rice cooker or on the stove. Make sure it steams another ten minutes after the heat turns off, then mix in sesame seeds and paprika.
Heat the peanut oil, soy sauce, and a few drops of hot sesame oil in a frying pan. Slice up the mushrooms and spinach, sprinkle with turmeric, and stir fry until the mushrooms brown.
These can be done in any order, obviously. When all three are done, serve in as pretty a way as possible, preferably on a ceramic plate as the turmeric will stain plastic.